Monday 4 February 2008

Living in a winter wonderland


Woke up yesterday morning, and saw this on the street.
Everytime it snows I feel like a little boy. I mean, in the I feel like I am a little boy way, and not in the I feel like a beer I feel like a little boy way. You sicko.
'Twas Sunday, and not even the fact that I had to work could dampen my enthusiasm. Not even the fact that I slid and fell on my arse about 10m from my door, with all the grace of a fisherman picking his nose, could dampen my spirits. I was wet, but I was undampenable. Unlike snow in most of the world, snow in Japan's Kanto area is wet, and makes you wet. Everyone uses umbrellas. But not me! Like a pedo or a flasher, I had a raincoat and a smile.
On the train I emailed my apartment mates and said "let's make a snowman when I get home!" They made one without me the bastards. I stayed out and went drinking instead.
Next Sunday, I'm going skiing for the second time ever, more snow and winter fun awaits.

No comments: