Friday 13 June 2008

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yes I like the Bowie song. Yes I am sad.
Anyway, this entry is about changes that have happened to my personality, I guess. This was sparked by a recent incident. You see, I bought a bag recently. Nothing special about that. It's a cheap, $3, pocket-sized foldable bag you can use instead of plastic bags at the supermarket. Then I realized that I'd have nothing to put my trash in before I put it out on the street on Mondays and Fridays. So I wondered why I bought it in the first place. Was I trying to be kind to the environment? Not really, that's more Dan's shtick now .... was it just because it was cheap? Then it hit me. I bought it because it had a cute picture of a dog on it.


What have I become? I thought to myself.
The answer is, slightly Japanese, I really think so. I don't think I would have bought this bag in Australia, but I don't know if it's because I've changed, or my circumstances have ... would the checkout chick think I was gay? Or would I think it was gay?
Anyway, I tend to like much cuter, dare I say girly things than I did before. I want to buy the new Suzuki Swift. I like babies with tomato sauce.
Other evidence points towards my general easternization. Everyone who comes to visit me here says I'm more polite now. I had to delete the word ketchup from the last paragraph before I put the hyperlink in. Eating rice with a spoon seems like a very strange thing to do, and I wonder how to eat anything on my plate that isn't big enough for one mouthful.
I've started exercising daily. That's a good change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for going with bowie and not a certain 80s song by The Vapors.

And of course you like babies with tomato sauce. Barbecue sauce makes them taste awful.

What exercise are you doing? For some reason I decided to lift some weights on friday and I haven't been able lift my arms above neck height since. Makes eating a real mess.